Nav Bar

Home About Fashion Beauty Contact Image Map

Friday, June 27, 2014

The Weekly Jams/ June 27



Hi everyone, hope you're having a fantastic Friday so far! Today's been one of those days where I feel the need for a little spring cleaning. So my day has consisted of going through piles of stuff and (sometimes regretfully) getting rid of all the useless clutter that I seem to have loads of. Gosh, when did I become such a hoarder? Honestly I seem to question nearly everything before tossing it, like "who knows maybe one day I could use this in a diy project for the blog?"It ultimately comes down to me reminding myself that this "diy project" is probably never going to happen, and the only project going on is seeing how much junk I can possibly collect. I really hope some of you can relate so I can feel a little less like a crazy pack rat haha. Anyways now that I'm done with that I figured I relax by giving Lana Del Rey's new album Ultraviolence a listen while writing this post. I'm really digging the album so far so be sure to expect something off it on next week's playlist!

Enjoy this week's playlist!

  1. Sky Ferreira - 24 Hours This song has a wonderful 80's pop song vibe to it but not as "poppy" as most, if that makes any sense. It's a really great song, and actually the first song I heard by Sky Ferreira, who is an INCREDIBLE artist. Yes, all caps cause she's that good.
  2. Chvrches - The Mother We Share Another amazing song by one of my favorite artists. I've had their whole album on repeat so many times I figured I pay them some recognition. I love nearly every song on the album but this one is definitely one of my favorites. I suggest all you synth pop lovers out there check it out.
  3. Foster the People - Coming of Age I'm sure you've probably heard pumped up kicks at some time in your life so your probably familiar with Foster the People but listening to their newest album Supermodel is a totally different experience. Everything's much calmer on this album and there's a huge 70's pyschadalic vibe to some of the songs. This one in particular reminds me of something that would have been on a John Hughes movie if he were still around. Not exactly sure why, although it could be the fact that he made countless coming of age genre movies and that's also the title of the song. Just a guess.
  4. Banks - Waiting Game I had heard so many great things about this girl, that I finally had to hear her for myself and let me just say I'm impressed. This song's got a whole R&B feel to it while Banks provides lovely soft vocals that flow harmoniously with the song making it feel like something really unique that sets it apart from anything else out there.
  5. Bloc Party  - Banquet Hard to believe that this song is nearly a decade old and I still love it like I heard it yesterday. Although I suppose the songs that you truly love the most are the ones you've been listening to for years.  Anyways this song has so much energy and enthusiasm. I love listening to when I need a little boost of energy or something to get the creativity flowing. It's so good.
  6. Imagine Dragons - Amsterdam One of my favorite songs by Imagine Dragons.  If you've never heard it before definitely give it a listen. 



There you go guys, hope you enjoyed this week's playlist. I feel like a couple of my song descriptions were a bit lazy this week but the playlist is always there so please feel free to have a listen if my descriptions weren't clear enough. Have a great weekend!




What did you think of this week's playlist? What are you listening to this weekend? Leave me some comments, I love reading them! As always thanks for reading!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment