Hi everyone, happy Friday! Well at least I'm trying to make the best of it. If any of you guys follow me on Instagram you'll know that I've been feeling a bit under the weather for a while. I've been trying not to let this stop me from blogging, and so far I've succeeded. But lately I seriously can't stop coughing. It's one of the most annoying things in the world, but I'm hoping soon enough I will be over it! On the bright side since I've been resting a lot due to feeling ill, I've been listening to a lot of music lately so making this playlist was a breeze! Who said there wasn't a silver lining in being sick? So sit back and relax, and enjoy this week's jams!
- Chairlift - I Belong in Your Arms. Sounds like a brilliant 80's pop song. My cup of tea exactly.
- Lana Del Rey - Once upon a Dream. Of course I've loved the original version of this song since I was a child. So I was beyond happy to hear that one of my favorite artists would be covering it. Lana's version is much darker and it bit on the creepy side but that's what makes it so beautiful.
- Twenty One Pilots - Holding on to You. I've just realized I've never included TOP in any of my weekly Jams posts! Funny considering I've pretty much spent 90% of 2014 listening to their album Vessel. I really can't explain to you how amazing this song(and every song on Vessel) is all I can tell you is that no matter what genres you like you will love Twenty One Pilots. Go ahead give it a listen.
- The Static Jacks - Wallflowers. Great song about a crazy stalker ex girlfriend. This band definitely deserves more recognition.
- Iggy Azalea ft. Charli XCX - Fancy.First things first
I'm the realistthis isn't the type of music I usually listen to. However I can't get this song out of my mind. It's so catchy and I think something about Iggy is just so cool. Plus I love that the music video was inspired by one of my favorite movies ever, Clueless. I'm sure you've heard it before and either love it or hate it, so need for an explanation here.
- Birdy - Words as Weapons. I love Birdy because her music is so relaxing/comforting and everything she does is so beautiful. I love the meaning behind this song, as well as the song itself. I'm going to be giving Fire Within a full listen today, although I'm already sure it will be amazing.
Hope you enjoyed this week's playlist. Now excuse me while I go find some more cough drops! Have a great weekend lovelies!
Did you listen to this playlist? If so what did you think of it? Like any of these songs?
Leave me a comment below I love reading them! As always thanks for reading!