Hey Everyone, happy Friday! This week has certainly been a big one for me. My very first brother was born this week! Honestly I'd never thought I'd have a brother, or another sibling for that matter. Afterall look at our age difference,I'm nearly 21 years older than him! Crazy to think that by the time he's my age I'll be about 42 years old!.Boy is it scary looking that far ahead! In all seriousness though, I just feel really blessed and I couldn't be happier.
On to other news! I've recently been working on updating the blog a bit. I've created a twitter and instagram for the blog and added a few social media buttons so if you guys ever feel bored to death come by and check those out! Also I've been thinking of updating the whole look of the blog, although I'm iffy on that because being the graphic design novice I am, I will mostly just make a mess of everything.FYI: I've recently developed a strong hatred for HTML codes and all that jazz. I'll make sure to keep you posted on the updates or lack thereof.
SO for today's post...
Once again I am introducing a new weekly topic. Every Friday from here on I will be posting "The Weekly Jams" which is just basically a list of songs and artists I've been listening to lately. My sister Dora will also be collaborating with me on these posts, she'll be reviewing her 'jams" while I'll be reviewing mine! I don't know guys I'm beginning to think she's on a mission to take over ma blog! JK but who knows maybe this could turn into a whole Beautiful Mess kinda thing? Enjoy.
- The Neighbourhood - I love you. This album has such a chilled and relaxed vibe. I think it's one of those albums that's great to put on when you want to get your creativity flowing.
- YG - My Krazy Life. I love this whole album but I definitely play "Bicken Back Being Bool" the most. Sometimes even back to back. He spits west coast rap & in my opinion one of the best.
- Ty Dolla $IGN - The Beach House EP. Now I'm sure most of you have been out somewhere and heard "or nah" play. A more recognized song. but definitely deserves the fame. The EP is one of my favorite albums to throw on anytime really.
- Foster The People - Torches. This one's a bit old, but I never seem to get tired of it. It's just a really fun album to listen to.
- Drake - The Language. Great song by the best Canadian rapper out there.
- IAmSu! - Mobbin. From the HBK gang here's IAmSu! definitely one of my favorite songs, mobbin. unfortunately he's to underrated to get the title he should.
- Betty Who - Slow Dancing EP. Honestly this one has been on repeat pretty much all month. I think the best way to describe it is '80's dance pop. It's such a fun album, it just makes you wanna get up and go dancing in your oversized shirt and leg warmers!
- Semi Precious Weapons - Aviation High. I actually found out about this song by downloading it though iTunes as one of the free downloads of the week. I'm so happy I did. Everything about this song is perfect. The melody. Lyrics. Vocals. Vocals.Vocals.
- Neon Trees - Pop Psychology. Once again '80's inspired. I've been a faithful Neon Trees listener since Habits came out back in 2010 so of course I had to listen to their new album. I first heard "Sleeping with a friend" which is just so catchy and a really fun song. The rest of the album definitely follows suit.
- Lana Del Rey - West Coast. Initially when I first heard this song I wasn't too impressed. In all honesty I thought it just sounded like everything else she's done. Monotone & very,very chill. The reason I came to like it though is for the simple fact that I just couldn't get it out of my head. I'm sure it will be blowing up the charts soon, if it isn't already. I mean it's Lana afterall.
- Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea - Problem. Along with everyone else in the world this has been my song ever since it came out. It's so catchy! Also I love the'90's R&B feel her music conveys.
- 5 Seconds of Summer - She Looks so Perfect. My guilty pleasure song of the moment.I can feel you judging me right now. Why is it anyways that people tend to judge someone over the age of 15 if they like a boyband? Hmmm....
Thanks for reading! What are you listening to right now? Are you currently loving any of these songs? Leave me a comment letting me know!