Nav Bar

Home About Fashion Beauty Contact Image Map

Friday, October 17, 2014

Influenster Dean's List VoxBox Review!


I realize now that the title of this post may seem like a big jumble of words to someone who's never heard of Influenster before. And in that case I'm happy to tell you that I am here to give you a short explanation of what Influenster is.

In my own words, Influenster is a really awesome website where you can get boxes of free, often full size and/or new items in exchange for some reviews and a survey. These products can range from cosmetic products to clothes to bigger items like a Keurig machine. The key to getting these boxes, called Voxboxes, is linking up all your social media accounts to your Influenster account as well as staying active on your Influenster account. It's actually quite easy. I signed up back in July this year and have qualified for two Voxboxes since then, with very little effort on my part to be honest. If you feel like Influenster is something you'd like to try out you check out their website here. Or if you're feeling particuraly nice today you can ask me to send you an invite via email in the comments and I will get points or something for it haha.

Enough of that, let's get to the reviews!



Airhead's Bites
This was the first product that I "tested" haha. To put simply I really enjoyed these and I would definitely purchase in the future. I've always been a fan of Airheads, so I thought these were great because they have the taste and texture of a regular Airhead only in bite size form. They're more convenient and not at all sticky and messy.



Sinful Colors nail polish in "No Text Red"
I've tried several Sinful Colors nail polishes  in the past and I've been really happy with all of them.This one was no exception. I think this polish has a great formula, it covered well with only one coat, although I never feel quite right with only one coat, so I applied a second, unneccessary coat cause I'm weird or something lol. Also I think the message Sinful Colors is trying to get across is amazing. They want you to paint your thumbnails with "no text red" as a reminder to not text and drive. This has become a serious problem, especially with people my age, and I love that Sinful Colors is not just talking about it but tyring to do something about it. 


SoftLips Cube
I haven't used Softlips products in years, so seeing this adorable little thing was a nice suprise. The packaging itself is really cute, a tiny little cube, it reminds me a bit of the EOS lipbalms only in a cube shape package rather than circular shaped. The balm is great, it keeps my lips smooth and moisturized, without any oily or waxy feeling. The scent is a wonderful "berry pomegranate" smell and it has menthol so there is a slight tingly, minty feeling when applied.


Kiss Looks So Natural False Lashes
I've never been one to use false eyelashes, I feel like mine are quite long enough, so of course I gave these to my sister to try out. Once on, they looked very well, natural. They aren't over the top like some falsies are, they're definitely more an everyday, causual fasies rather than a going out type. I feel like if you are new to falsies or hesistant to try them these are perfect for you as they are very "real" looking and approachable. As for the application, it was quite easy as well. Dora says she'd definitely purchase again.


Covergirl Ready,Set, Gorgeous foundation
I'm going to be honest I've got mixed feelings about this foundation. Let me start with the pros. It's oil free, suitable for sensitive skin and will not clog your pores or make you breakout. It's a medium to full coverage foundation that blends quite easily and does a fine job of covering up imperfections and redness and all that. Sounds great right? Now let's get to the cons. It's so orange!!! Now I don't know if that's just because I picked a shade or two too dark for me or if it was just a bad batch. Either way, I was not impressed. Also they claim it reduces shine all day, however at the end of the day my face was oilier than ever, I couldn't believe it. In case you are wondering I did not go out in public with this foundation on, and only wore it in the house for testing purposes. Would I purchase in the future? Honestly I might buy a lighter shade and see how that goes because I think this foundation has a lot of pros, I would definitely use a powder with it though. On a side note, I did see an opportunity to make this work. I recently purchased a Revlon foundation  that was too light for me, so I might try mixing that with this one and see what happens. I'll let you know the outcome lol.


Pilot Frixion erasable gel pens
They're erasable pens, of course I liked them. Seriously though, I really did like these. The only con I can think of is that sometimes the ink smudges a little when erasing and it can be a bit difficult to write over where you erased. Other than that they're great. They also come in many other colors, so they'd be perfect for drawing/doodling.



Also included in this Voxbox was a box of Playtex Sport Tampons. I really did not feel like a review was necessary, I'm sure you guys understand lol.

On that note, I hope you guys enjoyed this post make sure to check out Influenster if you're interested in receiving products like these and more for free. 





Have you ever tried any of these products? Thinking of checking out Influenster?
Leave me a comment, I love reading them. As always thanks for reading, have an amazing weekend lovelies.
xx,




No comments:

Post a Comment