Nav Bar

Home About Fashion Beauty Contact Image Map

Sunday, October 19, 2014

F. Scott Fitzgerald, you genius.

There's this quote by F. Scott Fitzgerald that goes "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall." It's from one of my favorite novels, The Great Gatsby.  Indeed he was right. The awakening is undeniable. It's almost as if the moment the leaves start changing colors you get this completely natural boost of energy and enthusiasm as well. A new found hope that everything you've ever dreamt is possible ( okay I may be being a bit dramatic, but it's my blog after all, if I can't be dramatic here, where can I be?). At least that's how I feel. I tend to feel more creative and inspired in the fall/winter months and I have no idea why. I mean sure there are plenty of things that I love about Fall, but to say a pumpkin spice latte inspires my creativity, would certainly be a stretch. No, I just think it's the change in atmosphere.Anyone else feel this way?

The day we took these photos it finally cooled down a little. I believe it was in the 70's that day, a nice change for us Californians. Although definitely, not as cool as I'd like it to be. Anyways it was a little overcast, so I asked Dora if she wanted to do an ootd shoot with me. Seeing as how she shares an affinity for overcast weather as well, she agreed.

So without further adieu, as promised here's the unboxing of my first Le Tote box as well as some outfit photos. Enjoy.

The box everything comes in.

The lovely message waiting for you once you open your package.


Love this: "Warning: Contents are chic."
The complimentary tote and measuring tape you receive with your first order.


Now let's get to the outfits.





Honestly, I was a bit weary about what my first package would be like. For all I knew, the people at Le Tote could have just thrown whatever they like in the boxes and shipped them off. Happily, for me, this was not the case. I feel like the stylists at Le Tote really paid attention to my personal sense of style and sent me items related to ones I had added to "my closet". In fact, every single item I received were items already in my closet. My two favorite pieces I received were probably the flannel shirt and bracelet in the photos above. I think this flannel is perfect for Fall, as well as cute and very comfortable. And the bracelet....I fell in love with it. It's just so freakin' cute! The day I sent these two items back was a very sad day indeed lol.

Outfit:
Shirt: Le Tote
Leggings: Target 
Boots: Target
Bracelet: Le Tote





I'm a sucker for a good ol' baseball tee, this top is basically that just a little fancier, like a baseball blouse if that makes sense. That being said, I like the versatility in the items Le Tote sends. I feel like this top could have easily been dressed up or down and if I hadn't been so lazy that day, I actually would have put more thought into this second outfit. I didn't  even bother to change my pants or boots lol. I also really liked the necklace. Dainty jewelry is my favorite, so this necklace was definitely spot on with my style.

Outfit:
Shirt: Le Tote
Leggings: Target
Boots: Target
Necklace: Le Tote





Last but certainly not least Dora's outfit!  So this sweater dress was meant for me to wear as were all the items, however after trying it on, I knew the fit wasn't me at all.  I don't blame Le Tote for this though, after all I was the one who added it to my closet. It's just I'm a much bigger fan of A-line style dresses, and not these dresses that go straight down and hug every curve of your body. Not to say I hate all of these, this one was just a bit too tight for my taste. So here comes Dora to the rescue ha. It was definitely a bit (very) big on her, so she belted it, and voila it looked like it was made for her!  P.S. On the plus side, this dress was probably one of the most comfortable dresses I've ever worn, err tried on.

Outfit:
Dress: Le Tote
Belt: Target
Shoes: TOMS


Hope you guys enjoyed! If you feel like you'd like to give Le Tote a try you can click here! Also don't forget to use my special reader's code: BIANCA15 to recieve 15% off of your first order.



What did you think of these outfits?  How's your fall going so far? Leave me a comment, I love reading them. As always thanks a bunnnnnncccchhhhh for reading! Have a great week!
xx,


2 comments:

  1. Thought I let you know that you do look gorgeous :D
    I've nominated you for The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Awards.
    You can check the details on my blog if you want to :D

    beatrizsdiary.blogspot.com.br

    Bea xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's the atmosphere, too. I've always preferred cooler weather, and now that it's not as hot, I can go more places and do more activities without being miserable! I love the outfits! The first one is my favorite, but that dress really is cute!
    xx Tessie

    ReplyDelete