So the first day of fall is today and I couldn't be happier, despite the fact that it still feels undeniably like Summer where I live. (It was 92 degrees today!) Thus the reason for this post. Fall is most definitely my favorite season, but for others who are still questioning how they feel about the season, I've composed a list of 10 reasons why you should fall in love with Fall too! And if you're already a Fall lover, I'm sure you'll relate to many of the things on this list!
Here we go!
- The amazing weather. The weather is absolutely perfect. Not too hot, not too cold, it's just perf. It's windy, overcast, rainy. There are leaves falling everywhere and everything is beautiful. It's probably my favorite thing about Fall.
- The Clothes. Scarves, sweaters, cardigans, tights, boots, beanies. Shall I go on? Fall attire is easy,comfortable, and cute. After a Summer full of sandals and shorts I couldn't be more ready for the change in wardrobe.
- Pumpkin Everything. The hype about Starbucks PSL's is anything but false, but it doesn't just stop there. Restaurants and grocery stores are jam packed with pumpkin flavored items, from marshmallows & macaroons to M & M's and chips. Bath and Body Works has loaded up on the pumpkin scented candles this year, as well as body care items. So yes, if you want to go walking around smelling like sweet cinnamon pumpkin, by all means do it! Oh. and there's also pumpkin pie.
- Halloween. One of the funnest holidays for people of all ages happens to fall in Autumn, and it couldn't be a more perfect time. Just think about it... I'd hate to be a kid trick or treating in the sticky summer heat, chocolate bars melting and all haha.
- Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is a hit or miss holiday for some people. I can totally relate to not wanting to see some of my family members but personally I love getting to see most of my family and spending time with them while shamelssly pigging out!
- Fall Makeup Trends. I'll admit there are some Summer makeup trends I'm not quite ready to let go of like dewy skin and pinky blushes & lipsticks. The good news is that there are so many more amazing and new Fall trends coming this year! Plum & oxblood colored lips, a matte face, and experimenting with color like electric blue eyeliner are a few among the many that I am excited to try.
- Baking. I don't know if you guys are aware of this, but I may have a slight baking addiction. The problem is that the summer heat + the oven = a really, really bad idea. Fall is my savior, because it finally becomes cool enough to bake and I'm inspired by so many different things. From baking related pins on pinterests to other bloggers recipe posts! Pumpkin is of course among one of my favorite things to bake with this time of the year!
- Candles. Fall scented candles are always my favorite. There are so many rich and comforting scents available this time of year it makes it hard to want to leave your home!
- Black Friday Sales. The lines. The crowds. The madness. I don't care, I love it. ( always a good time, for an Icona Pop reference right?) Some people can't tolerate it, but I think it's a really fun experience, as long as nothing goes awry of course. And at the end of the day you have all this amazing new stuff, and that's all that really matters after all haha. Can I get an amen shopping addicts?
- My Birthday! My birthday's in November so of course I had to add it! P.S. Dora's birthday is in two days!!!!!
I hope my little list has convinced you of the magic that is Fall. However if you're still not fully convinced go grab a PSL, light a BBW candle and do a little Fall shopping and try to tell me you're not a believer haha!
What's your favorite thing about fall? What are you most excited for? Leave me a comment, I love reading them! As always, and I mean it thank you so so much for reading!